A. WATCH THIS MUSIC VIDEO –
Don’t be afraid to get out of your bubble and try something new!
You don’t have to ride the bus nor the subway…just get out and hike around your closest city. But pay attention to the sites and not your cell phone.
Paying attention to your technology defeats the purpose of sparking your imagination with the sites around you. Got it?
B. LOOK AT THIS PRESENTATION-
C. TAKE THIS SHORT POP QUIZ –
- Does going on a city adventure get you out of your bubble?
- Can going on a city adventure help you get some exercise?
- What should you look at?
- When should you go on your city adventure?
- What’s the most important thing to do when going on a city adventure?
D. NOW TRY THIS –
Here is your homework assignment:
- Choose 5 historical spots in your downtown.
- Map out your journey from one place to the next.
- Think about taking the local bus if needed. Challenge your self that you can get around to these places regardless.
- At each spot take tons of pictures of everything you see and learn what makes each spot historical.
- Go back home and create your own tour guide brochure. How would you highlight each location so that they are attractive to other visitors?
Don’t worry about showing your guide to others, just do it as a fun creative exercise.